Lucas Moura is loving his new role under Jose Mourinho as Tottenham Hotspur hit a run of form in the Premier League.

The 28-year-old Brazilian has been moved inside from the right wing to the number 10 role in order to accommodate Gareth Bale on the flank.

Lucas used to play in a more central role as a young player at Sao Paulo and with impressive displays in Spurs' victories against Burnley and Crystal Palace, the attacker admits he is enjoying his nostalgic switch.

"I'm happy to be involved and I feel very comfortable in that position. When I was younger, I always played as a number 10 and I like that position because I feel free," he said.

Click for Sound
Video Loading
MOURINHO: THIS GARETH BALE DIDN'T START THE SEASON

"I can run from left to right, I can play in the middle, I can touch more balls, I can create situations for the strikers.

"So I like that position and I'm happy with the confidence that Jose has given me. I just have to give my best and keep going in the same way."

Spurs are firing on all cylinders at the moment with Bale, Harry Kane and Son Heung-min all getting involved with goals and assists as Mourinho's men have turned around a poor run with four consecutive victories.

"It's a big, big pleasure for me to play with these players and also because they are very good guys," Lucas said of Tottenham's trio of star attackers.

"I'm so happy, I'm so proud to be part of this team and I feel very comfortable playing with them. I'm happy with the team and happy with the results. We just need to keep going in this way."

Spurs currently lie two points behind fourth-placed Chelsea and can begin dreaming about Champions League qualification again, as well as taking on their Europa League last 16 tie against Dinamo Zagreb and next month's Carabao Cup final against Manchester City.

"Yes [the top four is back on] but it's going to be hard," said Lucas. "It's not easy when there are a few teams in front of us but we need to trust ourselves, there are still 11 games to play.

"We can achieve this objective, but we need to think step by step, game by game. If we play like we did today, of course we can finish in the top four, and that's the objective."